Students may request to withdraw from a course up until the end of day (11:59pm PT) on the final withdrawal date. Withdraw request deadlines can be found on your course payment receipt or by logging into the student portal, selecting My Enrollment History from the menu, and clicking on the blue dot next to the course in question. For courses that require a final exam/test, you are no longer eligible to withdraw once you have access to take the final test. A grade of “W” will be placed on your record, but the course will not appear on your transcript. No refunds are available for course withdrawal.
To request a course withdrawal, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Log in to the UCLA Extension Student Portal
- In the menu select My Enrollment History
- Find your course
- select request withdrawal
- Follow the prompts to complete your withdrawal request
- If your enrollment was submitted by a 3rd party, your withdrawal cannot be processed through the student portal. Instead, please email your withdrawal request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you are receiving Financial Aid, withdrawing from a course may affect aid eligibility. Please review the Financial Aid Enrollment Conditions or reach out to our Financial Aid department for more information.
**If you are an International Students, withdrawing from a course may jeopardize your immigration status. Please consult with our International Student Office before requesting to withdraw from a course.